Thursday, December 16, 2010

art of christmas show: allison carlos

I know many people can't make it to the actual gallery show to see all the works that have been created for this year's Art of Christmas show, so now that it's up (and my school semester is over) I'm posting all the works with the artist's description for the next several days - I think it will be our "Eleven Days of Christmas," if I've counted right. Enjoy.


Mary
Oil 48” x 24”

Luke 1:26-38— I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

This painting is about how God uses everyday people within their everyday circumstances to fulfill his purposes. Mary (and Joseph) were going about their lives of faith, yet if they were not attentive to the movements of the heavenly realm and truly believing in his presence in their lives, …. well … who knows what Mary might have said. BUT, what she actually said was after initially being a little unsettled, “I am the Lord’s servant”.

Allison Carlos
www.allisoncarlos.com

No comments: