Friday, May 4, 2007

an amazing offer



Jared Konopitski sent me another one of his colored pencil works in his typical style. I think it's great that Jared has such an identifiable style, it shows remarkable maturity as an artist at an age I was still... well, never mind that. Jared does a great job of explaining the piece and how it came to be, so I'll just share what he wrote:

"The verse that inspired this image is Malachi 3:16 which says: 'Then those who feared the Lord spoke with each other, and the Lord listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.'

It continues on to say in verse 17 that God will spare them as a father spares an obedient and dutiful child, "them" being the ones whose name is on the scroll. The scroll then almost seemed like a peace treaty to me. I drew the scroll, and the doves around the scroll represent the peace that God promises to those whose names are on it. The scroll in my image advertises that it is still possible to get your name written on this amazing offer.

thats all for now,

mor later :)

Jared"

No comments: