Friday, January 30, 2009

planted by the river



This is my newest mixed media collage (you can click on the image to see it larger) I call it "Trees Along the River" from the text that I added to it from Jeremiah.

"Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like tree planted along the riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves sty green, and they never stop producing fruit."

You might also notice the sparrow - that little reminder of God's concern.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Hi Judith, I saw this piece and a similar one on Facebook where you had continued the photographic image hand-drawn outside the photograph. I really love the effect. It's great the way you've incorporated many mediums, and it really conveys the idea of transcendence to me. The way artists' styles change over time is very interesting/exciting, so I'm glad to have seen a good part of your journey.

-Danny Houk