Tuesday, January 22, 2008

back again!

I'm back again at long last! What can I say? I got busy getting ready for Christmas, enjoying the holidays and then I just had a hard time getting out of vacation mode after it all - but the blog must go on, so here I am again.

I'll still be posting Heaven art work on this blog & I think I'll start posting various other Covenant Artist happenings and artwork as well...

Today I've got a Visions of Heaven piece by Vincent Dixon, a talented oil painter and comic artist. If you look at his oil paintings you can often see the comic artist in the way he handles his figures, as in this piece that he's titled "Harvest Time." For a scriptural reference, Vincent has cited Matthew 13:30, "Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn." You can see that Vincent has chosen to illustrate this scripture in a traditionally literal style, with angels as harvesters and wheat representing those who believe in Jesus as the Son of God, who stands in the field as the harvest is gathered.

No comments: